Chapter 34 The Disabled Performer

It was several years later when I saw Bai Ling again. I was at a local circus in Paris for travel.
There were many French people crowded at the circus gate.
I didn’t know what they were watching, so I went there and followed them.
I saw a woman sitting on the ground.
She had no hands and feet, with no hairs left on her head. She was just screaming there.
There were scars all over her face.
She was screaming hopelessly, yelling with all her strength.
When I found her, I saw her two drooped breasts, and she opened her mouth, screaming, but there was no tongue.
When she saw me, she became especially different and roared more vigorously.
I saw the row of teeth marks on her chest.
At that moment, I was reminded of one person…Bai Ling.
I carefully discerned the outline of her face, though she was quite different from what I could remember.
But… I knew… this “non-human” woman in front of me was exactly Bai Ling.
Then I turned to the circus director and asked about Bai Ling.
That director told me… this woman was sent from China. She was a ‘disabled performer’.
What is a disabled performance? Actually, it is a kind of circus show with disabled people.
This kind of circus show stimulated the tourist to pay out of curiosity.
Bai Ling was made into this ‘disabled performer’ in China and sent to France.
Then I remembered Ma Weiguo, who had given the villa to Bai Ling.
Ma Weiguo’s villa cost tens of millions of Yuan, and it couldn’t have been a free gift to Bai Ling.
Bai Ling sold his villa and earned a lot of his money, but was it so easy to earn a rich man’s money like that?
Maybe Ma Weiguo’ launched a crazy retaliation and got someone to remove Bai Ling’s limbs and cut out her tongue, then sold her into a French circus.
This was Bai Ling’s ending.
I had been always thinking about how to take revenge on her all these years.
But now, when I saw Bai Ling’s miserable appearance… I was not in the mood to retaliate, but was filled with infinite mercy.
I paid the circus director fifty thousand francs and bought Bai Ling, and sent her to a psychiatric hospital in China… It was impossible for me to take care of her all my life since she had already lost the spirit and the limbs that normal people should have.
If Bai Ling was what she was, I would be willing to take care of her all my life, but she had backstabbed me, which almost killed me, so I would never be so merciful again.
When we parted in the psychiatric hospital, I bent down to Bai Ling’s ear and told her: “Bai Ling, you have once told me that this world is not suitable for good people to live in, but suitable only for the wicked, like you. Now, I am living so well, getting better and better, but you are in such situation. Well, just be a good person when you are reborn in your next life.”
I stood up and told her: “Though you were wicked and had more money than me, and a better life… you were not as comfortable as I was. Every night, I could have a good life because I had never done anything wrong… but for you… it was rather hard to sleep, and you tossed and turned restlessly at night… because you worried that someone was going to retaliate against you. What a tired life you had, for you such a wretched person.”
Bai Ling screamed more loudly. Maybe she had regained some mental ability and hoped for me to take her home, or raise her and let her live a superior life again.
I shook my head: “Sorry…I could help my former enemy, but I really couldn’t help you all my life.”
I turned back and left that psychiatric hospital slowly. I could even hear Bai Ling’s miserable screams from the hospital gates.
I continued with my hard work after I got rid of that baby ghost transferred from Bai Ling.
Anyway, l didn’t even earn any money, but lost twenty thousand because of Bai Ling and Niu Xiao’er.
But luckily, Mr. Zhang gave me a big red package when I gave him the “Yin and Yang fish”, or else, I would have gained nothing.
I still needed more than seven hundred thousand Yuan for my mother’s operation, and there was only a month left before the operation. My mother might really lose the chance to get this kidney if I didn’t earn enough money.
I would have to wait for several years for the next right kidney...
I also focused on the network bulletin boards on kidney transplants. Some of them said that they were doing the renal dialysis and keeping on waiting for the right kidney, while some of them had waited for more than ten years but couldn’t get it.
So, l had to keep on earning money, and make money like crazy.
When an opportunity is neglected, it never comes back to you. I knew this truth.
Feng Chunsheng and I gave tattoos to the customers during the daytime and posted advertisements in the evenings.
I found his advantages when he advertised; he was very neat when he was working, though he was a cynical person.
His ads were very hard to remove when they were stuck to the wire poles. The next day, the cleaners removed all my posts, but not his.
I really envied him.
Our advertisements seemed to work.
The next afternoon, a woman came in for a Yin and Yang tattoo.
Her name was “Miss Green.”
Miss Green was a fat woman, she was about 5 feet in height, wearing big-sized red sport clothes.
For ordinary people, these types of sport clothes might hang loosely.
But she just wore these clothes.
When she was in these clothes, they were stretched tightly around her, and when you looked at her from distance, she looked like a small meat hill.
When Miss Green came inside, Feng Chunshan went to receive her.
“Hey, madam, what kind of tattoo would you like?” Feng Chunsheng was very enthusiastic as a membership consultant; he was smiling warmly when he asked her.
Miss Green shook her head and said she didn’t want to have a tattoo but wanted to lose weight.
“Lose weight?” Then Feng Chunsheng went to tell me, saying he was so puzzled that he even wanted to check out the signboard to see whether it was the wrong spelling and said “Fitness Club” instead of “Tattoo Studio.”
Then Miss Green asked again: “’A Yin and Yang Tattoo, a tattoo for Yin and Yang, life and death, riches and honor, safe travels’… You could master life and death, so why can’t you manage a woman’s weight?”
Then Feng Chunsheng just realized, he rubbed his scalp and pointed to me in the sofa: “Well… turn to that man, he is the successor of the Yin and Yang tattoos.”
“All right.” Miss Green gave me a passionate introduction: “My name is Miss Green, I was previously a fitness coach and now want you to help me lose weight.”
I gave her a look and asked: “You were a fitness coach before?”
It was hard to believe, seeing a fitness coach like her. Just imagine a two hundred kilo fat man coming to ask you whether you wanted to learn from him how to lose weight when you went to the gym? Don’t you think you would want to kick his ass?
Why are you as fat as two hundred kilo if you could lose weight?
Miss Green seemed to know what I wanted to say. She lowered her head and said: “I was really a fitness coach before, and even attended a professional fitness competition; I was the champion of the woman's forty-five kilogram division.”
I asked Miss Green what her weight when she took part in the competition was.
“Forty six point five kilos,” she replied.
Then I asked again: “What about now?”
“Now, it’s about one hundred and twenty kilos,” Miss Green said in embarrassment.
I swallowed, my god… A weight of two hundred and twenty Jin, how could she make it?
She told me: “Actually, if I kept on exercising I wouldn’t be so fat, but…”
Miss Green burst into tears and told her story.
Actually, Miss Green really was fitness coach previously. She had kept her weight so well with a good figure as a fitness coach, and she was stronger, showing a more aesthetic perception than ordinary women.
But she had a poor career development since most Chinese people didn’t have the habit of doing exercises and it was not like America. As a result, there were not so many clients and she wasn’t paid very much.
Miss Green was a progressive girl. She saw some fitness coaches have great success when they focused on square dances for the elderly, then she wanted to promote fitness into each person’s heart.
So she wanted to do a big thing… Her general ideal was… firstly, she would eat too much and become very fat, then lose her weight very quickly, so that she could get more people to do the exercises by creating an inspirational image of "an ordinary fat girl became thin through scientific fitness". She might also become famous via that video.
However, the ideal is plump but the reality is bony.
Then Miss Green gave up fitness training; she just ate snacks and watched Korean TV shows at home.
In this way, Miss Green had successfully became a fat girl after half a year.
Now she began to record the videos on how to lose weight, but she found… it was very hard for her to lose weight. She couldn’t even make simple movements.
For example, a good leg exercise, "skating jump", was one where a person who made gestures of skating was jumping from side to side on the ground. This was very easy for Miss Green before, but now, when she tried it again, she accidentally broke her knee meniscus.
Now she had to go to a hospital again for treatment.
Her fitness plan had failed, and she became even fatter after staying in the hospital for more than two months. She was over one hundred kilos.
Miss Green went to the gym again to record the weight loss videos.
But this time, she was completely disheartened. She had lost the enthusiasm to do sports, and what was worse, she couldn’t give up junk food like fried chicken, crisps and coca cola. Now, it was very hard for her to give them up.
Her figure got worse and worse, and her weight increased to two hundred and twenty jin.
When she finished, she got excited, cried out, and rushed at me.
Damn… I was almost crushed to death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 42:Nine Dragons Pull Coffin

Chapter 41 The Half Emperor Snake

Chapter 45 The Tattoo Eats Humans